Being able to inspect your roof and assess various issues can help you determine when you should call a reputable roofing contractor, such as Intelligent Design Corp, for further assistance. Although you should have your roof inspected by a team of professionals at least once a year, here are several steps you can take to ensure there aren’t any pressing concerns in the meantime.
Best Times to Inspect Your Roof
Throughout the year, there are a few times you should get on a ladder and take a look at your roof. Because Minnesota experiences a number of frequent storms and cold weather, you may need to inspect your roof more than once.
● After a Hail Storm | Hail storms can often leave hefty damage on homes. Especially in Minnesota, hail can get to large sizes. After your home has experienced a hail storm, you should check your roof for dents and pits on its surface.
● Ice Dams | Ice dams can weigh down on your roof’s foundation and wear it down. After a particularly intense winter, you should inspect your roof to ensure ice dams and heavy snow didn’t leave damage.
● Wind Storms | In Minnesota, tornado warnings are common. Additionally, Minnesota can experience high winds during rainstorms and blizzards. After your home endures extreme winds, you should make sure your roof isn’t missing any shingles or other important pieces.
● Gutters | Gutters provide a system that protects your home’s roof and foundation from water damage. If you notice your gutters are broken or malfunctioning, you should take the time to inspect your roof and ensure no additional damage has occurred to it. Leaking or broken gutters often indicate your roof is at risk for water damage.
Signs of a Damaged Roof
As you take the time to inspect your roof, it’s important that you know exactly what to look for. When you notice signs of excessive damage, you should contact Intelligent Design Corp and request a professional to further inspect the issue. You should call Intelligent Design Corp as soon as you notice these issues with your home’s roof:
● Leaks | When you notice your roof is leaking, you should contact a team of professionals as soon as possible. Roof leaks typically get worse very quickly and they can ruin the foundation of your home.
● Broken and Missing Shingles | Your roof’s shingles are an important component of the wellbeing of your home. They protect the bottom layer of your roof and your home’s foundation from a number of damaging forces, including water, ice, and snow. If you notice your roof has broken or missing shingles, you should contact a professional at Intelligent Design Corp and schedule a repair service for your roof.
Contact Intelligent Design Corp Today
In order to properly maintain your roof, you should take the time to regularly inspect it. Being aware of potentially damaging storms and keeping an eye out for various issues will keep your home safe and secure. At Intelligent Design Corp, we can help you keep you repair various forms of damage on your roof. To schedule a service or professional inspection, contact Intelligent Design Corp today.