First-time homeowners face a daunting task with tackling home maintenance. One of the biggest items to take care of with your new home is the roof. Intelligent Design offers solutions and tips for roof replacement. As a first-time homeowner, you need experienced guidance from our trusted staff to ensure you your roofing installation goes as planned.
Do You Need a Roof Replacement?
Common signs that your roof need replacing include:
● Curling shingles
● Cupping shingle tabs
● Missing shingles
● Shingle “gravel” on the ground around the foundation
● Roof leaks or being able to see daylight through roof boards
What About Insurance for My Roof Replacement?
You might have a hail-damaged roof or need disaster restoration with your roof. Our roofing company can do a free survey of your roof to find out whether there is damage that insurance might cover. Intelligent Design will work with your insurance company and help you file a claim if warranted. We have extensive experience working with many insurance companies on roof replacement due to damages.
What Is the Difference Between a Roofer and a Roofing Contractor?
Some roofers do not carry professional licenses or adequate insurance for themselves or their workers. When you have someone work on your home, especially your roof, insurance is important. If the workers are not insured and get hurt, a lawsuit will be in YOUR future! First-time homeowners should be cautious and hire only licensed and insured roofing contractors for your roof replacement.
What Should You Look for in a Roofing Contractor?
1. Ask for References. Look on-online for reviews and ask for past customer references from anyone you hire to do work on your roof replacement.
2. Look for Experienced Roofers. You do not want a company or person that is just learning the trade. Each roof is difference, and you need experienced roofing contractors to handle any problems that may arise during your roof replacement.
3. Understand Payment Terms. A roofing contractor should provide a free estimate up front with a clear cut statement about the type and brand of roofing materials they are quoting. Never pay up front for quotes or materials.
4. Ask about Installation / Product Warranty. Ask for a hard copy of the material warranty. Ask for information on installation warranties the company offers as well.
5. Ask About Emergency Services. Service after the sale is just as important as your roof replacement. If a company does not have emergency service available, look elsewhere for your roof replacement.
Intelligent Design Is Your Source for Roof Replacement
Intelligent Design is a Minneapolis licensed roofing contractor. We offer complete roofing inspections, roofing repair, and full roofing system replacement. For a roofing inspection and a free estimate, give us a call at 763-315-0745, or you can message us on our contact page.
Contact Us for More Information