Between gaining new family members and needing extra space for various activities, additional areas in a home come in handy for many reasons. As your life changes, the option to remodel can come and go from your mind. A common space that homeowners decide to remodel is the basement. Here are several signs it’s time to remodel your basement:
● You find yourself never going into your basement | One of the best parts about a basement is having extra space to do with what you want. If you find yourself never going into your basement and thinking you could use the extra space, consider remodeling it. From home theaters to personal workout areas, the possibilities of a basement are endless.
● Your family is expanding | As your family grows, your house can start to feel small. If you find yourself needing extra breathing room, consider remodeling your basement. The basement provides the option to create extra bedrooms and additional space.
● You need extra space for gatherings | Thanksgiving, Super Bowl Sunday, Christmas, and birthday parties are all common occurrences where a fully functional basement can be useful. Remodeling your basement provides extra open space that is optimal for hosting various gatherings of friends and families. If you can picture all of your closest peers and relatives in your home celebrating life’s events, call Intelligent Design Corp to start remodeling your basement.
● You have always envisioned a special addition to your home | Whether it’s an at-home gym or a playroom for the kids, every homeowner has a vision of the perfect space for their house. Basements serve as an excellent opportunity to create an area you have always dreamed of having. If you have extra space in your basement, contact Intelligent Design Corp to talk about our remodeling services.
● You are trying to sell your home | Creating a useful area out of an unfinished basement will increase your home’s market value. Additional bedrooms, home theaters, and home offices that basements offer draw in house hunters. If you’re hoping to sell your home for a higher amount, consider remodeling your basement.
● Increase your home’s energy efficiency | Compared to a finished basement, an unfinished area typically generates air leaks due to poor insulation. For lower heating and cooling bills and maximized energy efficiency, consider remodeling and insulating your basement.
If you think you’re ready to maximize the potential of your basement, call Intelligent Design Corp for high-quality remodeling services. We offer a professional team of experienced contractors that can help you make your dream room a reality. Contact us today!