Ethylene Propylene Diene Monomer (EPDM) is a roofing material that can be used on certain roof types. The synthetic rubber substance is long-lasting and can be used on low-slope commercial buildings. The material is primarily made from ethylene and propylene, which come from natural gas. In order to install EPDM, we use a variety of methods, including ballasts, industry-grade tape, mechanical attachmentments, and more. Here, our experts at Intelligent Design Corporation will discuss why we use EPDM roofing as well as its benefits.
Why Does Intelligent Design Use EPDM?
At Intelligent Design, we use EPDM for a variety of reasons. EPDM is incredibly durable and can withstand a variety of harsh weather conditions. EPDM can also withstand hail damage and other extreme conditions. Other notable features include:
● Provides thermal shock durability
● Resists ultraviolet radiation
● Withstands some extreme heat from flames
● Resists cyclical membrane fatigue
What Additional Benefits Does EPDM Have?
In addition to all the reasons why we love using EPDM, it also has multiple other benefits that make it a product our customers desire, as well. Here are some of the added benefits:
● Top-Line Durability - We already discussed how well EPDM holds up in extreme weather but there’s more. Inside the synthetic rubber, there is a carbon black filler, which absorbs the UV radiation that hits your building and turns it into heat. Additionally, there is no plastic in the material, which is better for longevity and for the environment.
● Few Repairs - Because of the natural durability of EPDM and its ability to withstand harsh weather, the material very rarely needs to be repaired or replaced in any capacity.
● Environmentally Friendly - EPDM contains no plastic and is reusable, making it better for the environment than other materials. Because the material is so easy to install and manufacture, fewer resources are used in the overall process. When the time comes for you to get a new roof, you can also have the material recycled for future use.
Contact Intelligent Design Corporation Today
If you’re in the Twin Cities metro area and looking to repair or replace the roof of your commercial business, contact Intelligent Design Corp today. Our expert team has been in business since 2001, and will work quickly and efficiently to get you the roof you need. To learn more about our roofing or other services, or to get a free quote, call us at 763-315-0745 or message us on our contact page.
Contact Us for More Information