Insurance coverage on your roof depends on both the age and the condition of the entire roofing system, as well as the upper framework of the house. If you don’t know what the current coverage is, you should contact your insurance provider or review your homeowner’s policy. In most cases, insurance policies will cover natural disasters, vandalism, and fire. If your insurance company requires a formal inspection of the roof before you build a new one, we can assess your roof to determine its overall condition and market value of your home.
What Factors Determine Insurance Coverage?
Although your insurance provider will protect you when your wind, rain, or hail damages your roof, there are several other factors to consider when it comes to the amount paid out and all conditions that meet the policy requirements. Some of the factors include:
● Is the roof under or over ten years old?
● The insurance company may reimburse you for the depreciation value of the roof instead of its purchase value.
● If you need a new roof due to damage, the insurance provider may only pay for the damaged part and not the entire roof, even if we assess the roofing system as “totaled.”
● If you need a new roof because it the old one is worn out, the policy will likely not cover replacement under the policy. The insurance company would consider the work done to be regular roof maintenance and not roof repair.
● Does the policy cover all forms of storm damage? Some policies may cover wind damage, but do not include water damage.
Making a Claim for Roof Damage
You can make a claim to your insurance company for roof damage one of two ways. The first is to call the insurance company directly and request an adjuster to assess the damage. The second is to contact one of our roofing contractors to assess the damage and then help you file the claim with the insurance company. We recommend the second option. Allowing an Intelligent Design certified roof to inspect the damage will ensure that the final assessment is accurate so that you get good coverage on the loss. In essence, when disaster strikes, your first call should be to a roofing contractor, not the insurance company.
Intelligent Design Can Help You with Insurance Claims
When it comes to filing an insurance claim, you have a professional roofing company that can help you through every step of the process. Intelligent Design roofers specialize in roof installation, roof repair, and total roof replacement after a storm. No matter how damaged your roof is, we can fully restore it. If a storm, vandalism, or a fire has currently damaged your roof, contact us at 763-315-0745, or you can message us on our contact page. Our service extends to all residential and commercial properties in Minneapolis and St. Paul, Minnesota.